Home   Help Search Login Register  

August 21, 2014, 12:01:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kids Kart School  (Read 2982 times)
dankimber
Driver

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2012, 10:20:23 am »

Any discussion of a kart school for this year?

Thanks,
Dan
pbowin
Driver

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 12:36:09 pm »

Eric is out of town till Friday.
Will post when the school will be ASAP.
kruegerfour
Driver

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 09:13:45 pm »

Hi Eric here. We are working out the details for a "kids" kart school. Should have a final answer soon.

kruegerfour
Driver

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 08:12:20 pm »

2012 NER Solo Junior Driver Kart School Program and Special Instructions for Regular Kart Drivers
Cost $20.00 per junior driver, Please Preregister thru the Solo Registration, go to ner.org/solo/registration

Date: April 07, 2012 Devens

Karts and Personal Protective Equipment are not provided.
Equipment required: Helmet Per latest SCCA rules. Neck brace designed for karting, Jacket (Jean, heavy material) Long Pants (Jeans, Heavy material) Shoes (High top preferred) Gloves. (Abrasives resistance)A racing suit is recommended but not required.

All Jr. Drivers must be SCCA members (Weekend memberships are allowed Cost for weekend membership is $15.00.

Minor Waiver: A competitor minor waiver is required for all Jr. kart drivers this is a minor waiver signed by BOTH parents in front of an NER official or it can be notarized.

Time: Gates open at 7:00am. Please be on site by 7:30 AM.
Minor Waiver to be completed. Drop off equipment at kart School location. Walk main course with Assistant Youth Stewards, attend drivers meeting, Kart school starts.

A Junior Driver Kart School is mandatory for all Junior Drivers (FJA, FJB, and FJC) that have not participated in an NER SOLO Event.
A Parent is required to attend the school with the Junior Driver. Mandatory
A one day indoor karting school is recommended before taking the NER Junior Karting School but not mandatory.
School Program:
1.   Safety
2.   Sportsmanship
3.   Getting to know the Kart.
4.   What you will see at an event.
5.   How an event is run.
6.   Flagging
7.   Walking the course.
8.   Grid
9.   Starts
10.   Course
11.   Finish approximately 12:00 Noon. Pack up and relocate to the main grid area.
12. Note after 12:00 PM will be the time when all of the kart drivers that have preregistered, Adults, FJA, FJB and FJC driver will relocate to the main grid area to run in the afternoon on the main course.
After the completion of the Junior Kart School and if the Junior Driver has shown the ability to control the kart and has shown to have the experience he/she will be allowed to participate in the afternoon on April 7 on the main solo track and future NER SCCA Solo Events.
If not approved by the kart instruction team additional instruction will be required at a future NER SOLO school.

Please reply on this forum if you will be attending to also help understand whom will be attending the junior drivers school.
evansck
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 12:53:33 pm »

Eric,

We met at the Annual Awards dinner in Rocky Hill.  My son, Lucas (Ivan) is signed up for the school on motorsports reg.  I'll be along with him.  I've run a bunch of autocrosses and autocross schools with some other clubs so if you need hand I'd be happy to help.  My first priority will be making sure Lucas is OK, but I'm always willing to lend a hand to make sure these kinds of schools happen.

kelly
dankimber
Driver

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 06:06:01 pm »

Eric,

Will be there with May.  Plan is to drive Wiley's kart like last year.  Can help out with anything you need.

Sent a personal message on the forums too.

Thanks,
Dan
kruegerfour
Driver

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 09:34:07 pm »

Just a reminder that both parents need to complete the youth waiver at the track or beforehand (notarized) in order for the under 18 to run. Forms will be available at registration. Eric Krueger
dankimber
Driver

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 12:42:19 pm »

Looking for someone willing to let my daughter, May, drive their FJB kart at the kart school this Saturday. 

She has some experience from last year and if a "rental" fee can be arranged if needed.

Please message me on the forums.

Thanks,
Dan Kimber
WileyCox
Global Moderator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 10:06:10 am »

Dan, we talked, you're all set with May driving Hannah's Kart.  All set.

-Wiley

Wiley Cox -  #22 DS Mini JCW "Gilligan"
2014 NER Regional Executive
bwoodsom
Driver

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2012, 07:29:13 am »

I registered to run in D-Stock as this is a points event. Will we be able to do the school in the A.M. and get in our runs?

Bob
Chang
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2012, 09:39:39 pm »

Bob, my phone conversation with Eric indicated that the experienced  kids are expected to help the new kids.  We can do our morning and afternoon runs.  Experienced kids will only get afternoon competition runs, and some runs on the school course in the morning.  Drop the kart in the school area in the morning and he will get all the karts to the kart paddock for the afternoon.

Chang Ho Kim
FunPhotos Racing
24DS 00 ITR, 24STC 89 Civic Si
24MF 90 Civic GSR, 24PF 89 Civic Si
89 CRX HF 118mpg
bwoodsom
Driver

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2012, 05:31:50 am »

sounds great, thanks

Bob
Pages: [1]