Hawaii Region interested in participating in Covered Bridges 48 in November 2014

Home Forums Road Rally Hawaii Region interested in participating in Covered Bridges 48 in November 2014

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello NER Region,A handful of Hawaii Region Rallyists are planning on participating in both the Covered Bridges 48 Road Rally and the Covered Bridges RallyCross in November of this year.

Participant

It's can get a bit slow here in the Road Rally forum…..Covered Bridge is a classic and well worth the trip. Especially since the clock is ticking on its 50 year run. It is run in conjunction with the Rallycross event that same weekend, so the entire weekend will be based out of the Jackson Gore Inn. Some people will definitely roll in on Friday evening and spend the whole weekend there. Ted, the rallymaster, if prodded, will host a "rally school" on Friday night which could be helpful even to seasoned rally teams since there are a few, we'll call them "quirks" associated with the event. (Be sure to ask someone about the automatic pauses at all covered bridges.)Other than that, rally day schedule will be posted with the generals, but it's usually around 8 or 9 AM for first car off and goes all day with (in the past) a catered lunch break back at the Inn and wraps up with food, drinks, stories and marble trophies at the Inn at the conclusion (4-5ish). Vermont can throw just about anything at us in early Nov weather-wise but hopefully the snow stays away since they do try to run this as an "all season" tire friendly event.And keep in mind that everything said here is from a past participant and not the rallymaster, so don't hold me to any incorrect info!Any more questions, just ask.

Participant

Thanks for the reply nfield!

Participant

Hello NER Rallyists,Here's an update for our visit in November.

Participant

Plenty to do and see on that list. You'll need a vacation after your vacation. Which is the mark of a good vacation.My main tip: make sure whatever rental car you get has EZ Pass. I would think most major rental companies at JFK will have that option. It'll make your life easier as you criss-cross the northeast. Other than that, have fun.

Participant

Thanks nfield,EZPass, got it.

Participant

Yep, for tolls. And there are plenty of them on your travels.Online registration is new to road rally for us this year, so I assume Covered Bridge will be on there, but all of that won't open up until Sept at the earliest would be my guess.

Participant

We have an update.

Participant

I just wanted to say how great it is have you guys coming all the way over here to run a rally with us. Should be a great time. See you then. Its been a few years since I did Covered Bridge for one reason or another. Looking forward to it.Greg

Participant

I just wanted to say how great it is have you guys coming all the way over here to run a rally with us. Should be a great time. See you then. Its been a few years since I did Covered Bridge for one reason or another. Looking forward to it.Greg

Hi Greg,Thanks for the reply.

Participant

Doesn't look like registration is available yet. Keep checking the road rally schedule on this site to find it.Greg

Participant

Yeah, keep an eye on this space and they'll announce when it's open. Additionally, we've been using http://www.motorsportreg.com for a while now for rallyx and have started using it for some road rallies, so check that out as well.

Participant

Thanks! We use motorsportreg.com for our events as well.

Participant

Ted emailed out the entry form, general info, and some lodging info last week. If you don't have it you can shoot me a PM and I'll forward the email.Entry is also here on the event page. http://www.ner.org/rally/rdral/event/20141101_covered-bridge-48 -Mike

Participant

Ted emailed out the entry form, general info, and some lodging info last week. If you don't have it you can shoot me a PM and I'll forward the email.Entry is also here on the event page. http://www.ner.org/rally/rdral/event/20141101_covered-bridge-48 -Mike

Hi Mike,Thanks for the update.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.