NER at the Lime Rock Park Historic Festival Car Show

Home Forums Road Rally NER at the Lime Rock Park Historic Festival Car Show

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Magical TrevorMagical Trevor

Help promote the club that gets you in a helmet!Lime Rock Park has just invited NER to be part of their annual Sunday in the Park Concours and Car Show on 2 September in the Gathering of the Clubs section. This whole thing is in turn part of the traditional, 30th annual Vintage/Historic Festival.Everything is set up on the race track itself, with thousands in attendance (if the weather is ok, at least - the event does run rain or shine from about 8 to 4). Sir Stirling Moss will be there, as well as the owners and drivers of the weekend's huge diversity of rare and unique old race cars, most from the SCCA's past. Of course, hundreds and hundreds of non-race cars from years gone by will be out there, too.We'll have space for up to 10 cars with a table and chairs not too far nor too close to some facilities (I think the setup will be around the Uphill so real restrooms will be a trek but port-a-johns will be on No-Name Straight). I'll set up a 10x10' tent for shade. You'll receive passes to the show if you're displaying your car, though I'd recommend taking in the whole weekend. The campground is always a fun place to hang out, and we'll surely have some volunteer flaggers there (myself included). Though the track has full concessions, you can bring in a cooler, food, chairs, etc. Also worth mentioning is the vendor swap meet that takes place in the VP Racing Fuels "B" Paddock, where some very odd and hard-to-find parts and memorabilia for older race cars are sure to be found. While I'd like to see if we can find a few older examples of racing machines to somewhat fit in with the weekend's theme, any clean car from any class would be welcome. Feel free to reply here, send me a private message, or e-mail me if you're interested.

So, this is what I've been posting in the other forums; obviously, the world of Road Rally is a little different! However, I'm still seeking representation from this part of the community as it ties in rather well with the vintage car groups which will also be there. Rallying is the most popular activity among those clubs. I'd like to see if any of our regular teams (maybe with stickers on your car? 🙂 ) would like to come enjoy this event. Perhaps something I found interesting and unique to SCCA style TSD rallies, the rally computer, can be a talking point for the many spectators that will be there.

Magical TrevorMagical Trevor

Dredging up this old topic as NER has again been invited to show its stuff at Sunday in the Park, this year August 31. We'd prefer to have a mix of old and new competition vehicles that will show the diversity of SCCA's racing offerings. We'll also have Solo's Stirling Moss Trophy along for Sir Stirling himself to see for perhaps the first time in fifty years or more! Don't miss out on a great photo opportunity and a wonderful day with over a thousand interesting cars. It's only $25 to attend as long as you get your ticket by the end of August 22.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.