Winter Challenge Rally

Home Forums Road Rally Winter Challenge Rally

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Is there an entry list available yet for Winter Challenge?Greg

Participant
    Participant

The site says it was cut off at 30, but this list has 21… still hoping I got in.

Participant

Yeah, I have the same situation. Would just like to know.

Yeah, I have the same situation. Would just like to know.

From the website:

1/17/14MAJOR UPDATE: As we mentioned in the Entry Flyer, we have had to limit the entry; response has been great. So….we are closing the acceptance of entries as of today. Any new entries received will be informed and put on a wait list. I am sorry we had to do this, but we feel that we have reached our comfort level as to what the roads can handle in a given period.

Participant

Looks like the entry list has been updated with what is probably the full list, as it's just over 30 cars.http://winterchallengerally.com/start-list/

Participant

So, any news on the road conditions up there?

Participant

So, any news on the road conditions up there?

Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5-KoowirxwHere's 1.75 minutes from the 2nd leg of the 3rd section. I think all the language is clean. (No promises though)Thanks to John Buffum for a GREAT rally! Thanks to all the workers who came out to work CP's. It was epic.

Participant

Wow! Had a real tough rally last night but I'm glad we did it. We actually made it to the finish at around 4:30 am long after everyone else had gone to bed. Thanks to all the workers, and in our case special thanks to the people in the sweep truck for being patient as we struggled through a long, and for us, slow third section. Thanks again.

This was my first road rally, and it was off the charts incredible!!!I'm not yet an SCCA member, but signed up to the NER forums to put out a tremendous THANK YOU to John and everyone else that worked so hard to make this a reality.

Magical TrevorMagical Trevor

Wow! Had a real tough rally last night but I'm glad we did it. We actually made it to the finish at around 4:30 am long after everyone else had gone to bed. Thanks to all the workers, and in our case special thanks to the people in the sweep truck for being patient as we struggled through a long, and for us, slow third section. Thanks again.

Ah, so that explains what was going on when some people "appeared" while I was making my last trip into that basement for my stuff. I thought John was all set to go and then I saw him talking at the end of the hallway again. I'm glad you made it, and that I was one of the last people still around to form your welcome party! (even though I didn't walk down to talk with you guys, I was trying to get the hell home myself!)

Participant

Here is video Phil and I made in the Saab 92x Aero wagon:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsyzQusImlwThanks to John, Ted and all the other workers for an awesome rally!

Participant

Nice video.

Nice videos, and as (the other) Matt said, Alex's is a nice summary of what a TSD is like.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.