NHMS - New Hampshire Motor Speedway
New Hampshire Motor Speedway was formerly known as New Hampshire International Speedway, or NHIS.
Directions: located in Loudon, NH on Rt.106, approximately 10 miles north of Concord, NH. From the south, take I-93 to exit 15E (I-393). Take Exit #3. Turn onto Rt. 106 North (left). NHMS will be 10 miles north on the right. From the North, take I-93 to the Tilton Exit #20 to Rt. 140 through Belmont to Rt. 106 South. Follow Rt. 106 South to the Speedway which is approximately 8 miles.
NOTE: SOLO competitors and their crew need to arrive during morning registration hours; or have made previous arrangements with Solo Chairman. There is a $5.00 gate fee for noncompetitors.
2008 Track Specific Rules
New Hampshire Motor Speedway
- Race Engines
- No race engines may be started before 8am or after 7 pm
- Standard 120V single phase is available within the buildings, on the exterior of some buildings, along pit lane and some areas on perimeter fences. Circuit breakers are not available for resetting. Power pedestals are available in the infield. There is a $10.00 fee per event for their use.
- Open fires (gas and charcoal grills included) are not permitted in the garage areas during race or practice day programs. Campfires are not permitted at any time in the infield area.
- These items are not permitted on track property at any time. Violators are subject to arrest.
- NHMS will have racing fuel available during agreed upon hours. Look for posted times at registration and listen for PA announcements.
- Use of the garages for activities other than the normal intended use must be arranged with the track 3 weeks prior to the event. Garages must be left swept clean at the end of the event.
- You are responsible for the actions and discharges of your pet. Dogs must be walked outside of the infield area. All pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Tire disposal is as much of a problem for the track as it is for anyone. Please take your used tires with you. A disposal fee will be imposed on the organization for tires left behind after the event.
- Waste Fluids
- Please use the special containers in the buildings provided in north garage area for the proper disposal of these fluids. Oil filters must be separated from waste oil and disposed of properly. The building will be open at announced times. Do not leave fluids anywhere else.
- Compressed air is available in each garage building.
- Paddock vehicles
- All two or four wheeled service vehicles must be clearly identified by the competitor’s number. Vehicles may only be operated by individuals aged 18 or over with a valid State driver’s license. NO skateboards or roller skates are to be used at any time.
- Speed limit
- The on property speed limit is 15 mph. This will be enforced.
- No alcohol may be consumed in the paddock or garage areas until the end of on track activity for the day.
- Smoking is not permitted in the garage areas at any time. This includes the buildings and pit lane as well.
- Proper clothing, shoes and personal protective equipment specific to each sanctioning body must be observed in all “hot” areas.
- Hot Track Helmets
- No participant may enter the Hot Track area without a Helmet. Main straight outer wall, travel lane and pit box on pit road are Hot areas. All Helmets must have a chinstrap.
- Only street legal non-racing vehicles may be used.
- Only licensed drivers may drive the vehicles.
- Cars must be driven with caution, not at race speed, Passing is not allowed.
- All passengers must be sixteen (16) years or older to participate, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, and be capable of fitting in the vehicle's safety restraint system.
- All participants must sign a Release Waiver (MS1), minor participants must have on file a Minor Waiver (MS2or MS2A) for the event before being allowed in the car. If you are recruiting participants from spectator areas, they must not be allowed to remain in non-spectator areas after the tours are completed unless otherwise properly credentialed by your region or the track.
- Track Rides may be canceled for unspecified conditions.
- Vehicles that do not conduct themselves properly will be Black flagged. Upon being Black flagged, the vehicle will proceed immediately to the Pit Lane and report to the Officials present.
- Drivers may only be changed in the Pit lane.