Generally the last event of the year, the Team Challenge is a fun event held after the completion of the regular Solo points season. Competitors form teams of 4 drivers to compete in the challenge. Winning the challenge will require all drivers to do as well as possible in their respective classes. 4 first-place finishes is a perfect score, so it's best not to have drivers all competing in the same class. Team Creators will be the judges for other trophies, and will be introduced at the Drivers’ Meeting.
Here are the rules:
- There is a limit to no more than 2 Moss competitors per team, unless the ages of 2 of the Moss competitors total less than 25.
- Last year's winning team may not form again.
- SCCA class bumping rules apply too. You can check your rulebook for the exact bumping order, but there must be 3 competitors in every class or it will be bumped up. There is no Novice or Pro Class. STR will be bumped first to STU, then to the appropriate SP class.
- Teams must be turned in before registration closes. If you do not have a team, the Team Creators will put you on one.
- Competitors not having fun will be counseled regarding their mental preparation for the event.
Drivers' points are awarded on a per-class basis as follows and a team's score in the challenge is the sum of it's driver's scores.
Trophies on a per-class basis will not be handed out like at a normal event. Trophies will be awarded for the top team based on finishing positions and any other categories as are deemed appropriate by the organizers or the Trophy Chief who will not want to store extra trophies over the winter. These may or may not include the best team concept, best team uniforms, best team if this was a concourse, best SCCA Spirit, best team made up by the Team Creators, best team representing another club, team most eligible to off-load a useless trophy on, and other categories as they are developed. Many of these awards are arbitrary and may not be protested.